CROWD-PLEASING APPS: GET THE PARTY STARTED
HOLIDAY FAVES #1: LONDON BROIL, PROVOLONE & CARAMELIZED ONION SLIDERS
Have some leftover roast or steak? This is a great turn of events for them. Though, you can also grab some freshly sliced London Broil from your local deli and use it for these sliders. I pair mine with caramelized onions and Provolone cheese. Layout Hawaiian rolls (or another brand), slather with horseradish, crack peppercorns over it all, put the tops of the rolls back on (brush melted butter over them) and bake at 350 degrees until gooey.
Excellent for your own hosting, or wrap in foil and take to a summer holiday gathering!
Spiced Right! 💖 GGT
HOLIDAY FAVES #2: SEAFOOD PLATTER
This one checks so many boxes! Shrimp cocktail? Check. Crab dip? Check. Ramaki? Heck, yeah. Smoked salmon, raspberry chipotle spread, horseradish-cocktail sauce, and I include mussels, clams, lobster claws and crab legs for brunches. Sky's the limit here!
My crab dip is a breeze to whip up: Dungeness crab (or imitation) chopped in food processor and then spritzed with lemon. Add mayo, chopped red onion, fresh parsley and more lemon juice. S&P to taste. Refrigerate for at least four hours so the flavors blend.
Ramaki is an air fryer, grill or broiler appetizer consisting of bacon-wrapped scallops. I season the scallops with olive oil, garlic, a little butter, sea salt and lemon. I season the bacon with an applewood rub or ancho-chili for a tiny kick.
Typically, I stuff my smoked salmon slices with a cream cheese and dill weed mixture, and sprinkle fresh dill over the rolls.
Spiced Right! 💖GGT
HOLIDAY FAVES #3: CHIPOTLE SHRIMP W/ CILANTRO-LIME RICE
Another easy way to appease your guests this holiday season! Yes, I do love to bring the heat, but you can adjust to your own taste, which is one of the reasons why I provide inspiration, rather than a detailed recipe. I don't actually follow recipes... I experiment and find the right flavor profiles that suit me and my peeps. 😉
For this fun appetizer, all you need is peeled and deveined shrimp (broiled, grilled, air fried, your choice) that's seasoned with any combo you fancy: garlic and butter, Old Bay, chipotle, fajita mix, chili powder and cumin... you find your own path. Personally, I use Old Bay and butter with a sprinkle of chipotle and a spritz of lime (never go shy on the lime with shrimp!). Next, you'll want fresh avocado and either a packaged cilantro-lime rice (hey, we're all busy, there's no shame in shortcuts) or make your own, which I do when I have time--it literally is as easy as it sounds, especially if you have a rice cooker. Dried cilantro is fine in a pinch, but I do highly recommend fresh. (And more lime!)
Spiced Right! 💖GGT
HOLIDAY FAVES #4: SPICY CHILI CON QUESO
Easy, cheesy and sooo very popular! Velveeta cheese provides an excellent base, but I've used Monterey Jack and also Rattlesnack cheddar to get different flavor profiles. You do you. All you need is to soften the cheese in the microwave, put it in a crock pot at high heat, warm cans of chili (or make your own), with or without beans (for y'all in Texas, yes, I know... no beans!!), spicy or not (you can also add red pepper flakes or chipotle to elevate the heat level), stir in diced tomatoes (again, heat level is up to you, I use Ro-Tel) and let simmer until it's pure melty goodness. Turn the crock pot down so the dip stays warm for serving/grazing, but doesn't begin to burn on the bottom. Delish!
Okay, let's face facts: Sometimes you need a go-to that everyone will love (obvs, provided they're not opposed/allergic to the ingredients...). My fun take on this can be spiced up or down--I typically make two variations to satisfy different palates. This is super easy, packs well with parchment paper in a tightly sealed container and looks pretty on a platter. All you need to do is:
*Shred cooked shrimp (food processor is great for this) and drizzle with lime juice, set aside
*Slice hard-boiled eggs lengthwise, scoop out yolks and place in a bowl or food processor
*Add mayo, Country Dijon mustard and fresh or dried dill weed
* For spicy version, add hot sauce (I prefer Louisiana Hot Sauce)
*Mix thoroughly, adding S&P, to taste
*Fill egg halves with mixture and sprinkle regular or smoked paprika on top
*Chill till ready to serve
See? I wasn't lying--so simple!
Spiced Right! 💖GGT





Comments
Post a Comment